Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goo Goo Dolls and Augustana in Concert





I was treated to my first
Goo Goo Dolls concert last night
in Binghamton, N.Y.
All I can say is:
Where the hell have I been?
They played in their hometown
of Buffalo, N.Y. and even performed
at gigs here in Syracuse in the early years.
Man, have I missed the boat or what?!
These guys are fantastic.

Here's a great representation of the spirit of lead singer John Rzeznik. It's footage from a July 4th concert in Buffalo, N.Y. - in the pouring rain. (John might rather be seen on a better hair day, but I think he's the perfect rawk star in this particular vid.)






I was amazed by the talent of the young group of musicians who were part of the opening band Augustana. I had first heard about them in a blogpost by Adam Duritz of Counting Crows fame. Adam was saying how impressed he was by the band. I finally saw them play last week on the Ellen show, and little did I now that I'd get to hear them live just a week later! If they play anywhere near you, please do yourself a favor and see them live.






Notes:

Photo of John at top is by Diane K.

Small photo of Augustana is credited to Rebecca Towns of the Press&Sun-Bulletin
See her other concert photos at PressConnects. You can also see Sarah D'Esti-Miller's review and column at the Binghamton Press&Sun Bulletin

Christine has some photos up at Absolute Goo.