Friday, February 29, 2008

Eric Brewer on Bush's Day at the Museum

I'm encouraged to read that, during recent daily press briefings in D.C., Dana Perino hasn't been totally ignoring Raw Story's Eric Brewer.




....I finally got to ask Dana a question.

My inspiration for the question was the great surge of hope I felt when I heard President Bush claim last week that he had recently learned something: "A clear lesson I learned in the museum was that outside forces that tend to divide people up inside their country are unbelievably counterproductive."

He was in Kigali, Rwanda, talking about his visit to the genocide museum there, and although the remark was part of his explanation for why he has not intervened in Darfur, I thought the "clear lesson" might apply equally to other countries. Iraq, for instance. So I asked Dana:
"Last week, President Bush said that during his visit to Rwanda, he learned the clear lesson that outside forces that tend to divide people up inside their country are unbelievably counterproductive. How will the President's newfound insight affect his Iraq policy?"
Sadly, it appears, not very much. The rest of our interchange...

[Here's the rest]


0 comments: