Thursday, February 21, 2008

Obama Lifts One Out Of Edwards' Playbook



"I haven't spent most of my life in politics, but I've spent enough time in Washington to know how much we need to change it. You know, folks from Robbins don't have lobbyists fighting for them in Washington. They count on their government to protect their interests, and they deserve a President who goes to work every day thinking about them, fighting for them. I've never taken a dime from special interest PACs or Washington lobbyists. I have spent my life working for people against those special interests. I know this fight. I am ready for this fight. And we will win this fight!"

- Remarks as prepared for delivery by John Edwards on September 16, 2003 in Robbins, N.C.


Here's how those remarks were actually delivered by Senator Edwards...and apparently Obama's people liked those remarks so much they decided to try it out for themselves!




*Speaking of Edwards and Obama, political reporter for the Charlotte Observer Jim Morrill has what might be considered to be an interesting bit of information for those who like to speculate.

2 comments:

benny06 said...

Both Clinton and Obama borrow heavily from JRE. Obama has one excuse that Clinton does not: Axelrod helped craft that message for both JRE and Obama.

I hope JRE doesn't endorse anyone and waits to be a mediator at the convention. It's to his benefit to keep the conversation going about poverty, global warming, etc.

Jude Nagurney Camwell said...

I prefer to hear words from aspiring leaders that aren't from a consultant's political brain, but instead from their own heart. Obama's proving that so many of his words are from someone else's consulting-brain...and he acts out the carbon-copied lines beautifully. It's no wonder I'm not enthralled by his speech. Truth is, I don't know him but for his words...and we know how words alone can be empty.